The Invigorating Benefits of Thai Massage
Are you looking to try a new style of therapeutic bodywork? Thai massage offers an energising blend of assisted yoga stretches, pressure point work and massage techniques. This clothes-on massage provides many healthy benefits. Read on to learn all about the ancient art of Thai massage.
What is Thai Massage?
Thai massage originated in Thailand over 2,500 years ago. Developed by Buddhist monks, the massage combines Indian ayurvedic principles, acupressure and assisted yoga postures. The technique involves deep stretching with rhythmic movement and pressure.
The client wears loose, comfortable clothing and rests on a firm mat on the floor. No oils are used. The therapist uses their hands, feet, forearms, elbows and knees to move the client’s body into various positions. The stretches and pressure release tension, increase flexibility and stimulate energy flow.
Benefits of Thai Massage:
- Improves circulation and blood flow
- Boosts energy levels and mental clarity
- Enhances range of motion and flexibility
- Reduces muscle tension, spasms and pain
- Alleviates stress and anxiety
- Promotes relaxation and a sense of well-being
- Strengthens the immune system
- Aids detoxification and lymphatic drainage
Regular Thai massage provides excellent benefits for both body and mind. The refreshing treatment leaves you feeling energised yet deeply relaxed. Try Thai massage for a unique massage experience.